Visual Graphic Design Conference is the biggest graphic design conference in the South (Philippine South). Made by the designers for the designers. Every year the conference will feature 7 top Vis-Min (Visayas-Mindanao) graphic designers and artists. Sharing their successful stories, outstanding works and individual design processes. It is a creative platform for creative individuals.
Developed last December 2012 for the 3rd Visual Graphic Design Conference slated last February, Visual Creative Elements is a custom software art that generates map or terrain-like mesh in 3 dimensional space that could be used as design elements for print, web and motion material. The formation manipulated by the user and the random movement of the element create an endless material for design.
Since some of this year's speakers are highly-accomplished Vis-Min (Visayas - Mindanao) artists/designers who are currently based outside the country and/or working with companies like Industrial Light and Magic, Marvel Comics, Wired Magazine and Gulf News, the design was inspired by maps and terrains which symbolizes the journey and reach of Filipino designers who are making waves internationally.
- Upon exploring the various results provided by the application, the user then is given control to either cease the animation of the element for review, or directly generate a graphic material in a format that is usable for print, web and video. The tool is capable of exporting a high resolution ‘jpg’ or transparent ‘png’. Vector base format is also available as well as animation for motion material.
Transparent images generated by the software were used as elements for the website.
- Vector and high resolution output of the software were applied in various print materials.
- Sponsor's Loop Presentation
Video output of the animated elements was easily added to the sponsor's loop presentation that was played in a large screen throughout the duration of the event.
- Opening IntroSome looks and forms of the elements were interpreted and integrated to the opening intro.
- The software has been a key factor to the success of the conference as it provides Visual an interminable amount of supporting elements that is essential to the design and creation of the conference’s collaterals and videos.
- Project CreditsCreative ElementsConceptualization, Design & Development: Seph Mayol
Video & Edit: Seph Mayol
Music: Aldgate Patterns - Little PeopleWebsiteArt Direction & Design: Seph MayolHTML & CSS: Val VillarTicket & BadgeArt Direction & Design: Seph Mayol
Art Direction: Seph MayolDesign: Seph Mayol & Pj OngSponsor Loop VideoArt Direction, Edit & Design: Seph MayolOpening IntroArt Direction & Base Element: Seph MayolVarious Elements, Motion Design & Edit: Kaism & Team WizardSpeaker Names: Pj OngMusic: Digital Rush by BobbleLogotypeDesign: Pj Ong