"This castle is one of those featured in the flag of Portugal and was conquered from the Moors by D. Palo Peres Correia in 1248 and deactivated in 1858.
Classified as a Public Interest since 1971, the castle is the subject of study by IPPAR- Portuguese Institute for Architectural and Archaeological Heritage, with a view totheir recoverability and classification of areas surrounding the Ribeira de Quarteira as Protected Landscape Area. This study includes the identification of several clusters of archaeological and ethnographic, as well as the characterization of the existing fauna and flora.
Although successive restorations, their conservation status is degraded, and today have only a few sections of wall and the tower entrance and main walls of hishermitage.
Early in the century. XVI, to transfer the settlement of the interior walls to the north, it becomes clear what his state of semi-abandonment and later with the 1755 earthquake suffers partial collapse of walls and watchtower."
Project developed for the reception area of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Vilamoura.
The work consists of a photo composition that results from planning and deployment of a large area of the Paderne castle. The final image covers an entire wall of the reception. Total area with about 24 000 x 316 cm.
Photography by Tiago Reis - MTLC Artes