- A portrait of the Spanish political and economic situation through movie posters.
- SPAINFALLOur zero zero agent faces country's bankruptcy.
- Catch me if you canAlthough there is a warrant out for his arrest, the husband of Government Delegate Cristina Cifuentes, had no qualms about appearing at the Government delegation to be photographed with his wife and other family members. Link to the original photo: Los Genoveses
- Alaman's HeroesColonel Francisco Alamán Castro threatens with a military intervention in Catalonia if it proclaims its independence. He's also a Franco fan.
- MALGASTAR 3: The fugitivesMadagascar 3 parody. Malgastar in Spanish means wasting money.
The animals represent Spanish politicians accused of corruption and embezzlement, specifically Carlos Fabra (lion), Francisco Camps (zebra) and Rita Barberà (hippopotamus).
The penguins from the original poster are here the two seagulls that appear in the logo of the political party they belong to. The plane flying over the lion's hat is related with one of Spain's most peculiar and bizarre cases of squandering.
- Breaking BadNo words needed …
Well, just a few: He's currently the President of Españistán.
- PURE FICTIONAll election promises broken, nothing but lies....
Spain’s economic reality is Pure Fiction. “You say tomato, I say bailout...”
- Montoro Salvaje (Raging Montoro)Montoro is the Finance Minister, here in the role of Jake La Motta in Toro Salvaje (Spanish translation of Raging Bull). The relentless right (wing) hook.
- Trouble in Little ChinaSex, a Chinese laundry and something extra-large in between. Porn actor Nacho Vidal stars in “Big Trouble in Little China! The Gao Ping network used Nacho Vidal’s production company to launder 14 million Euros.
- Blind DateYes, our President doesn't speak English (neither did any of our previous presidents), only Spanish.A date with her is every politician's dream come true. And with dreams like her, who needs nightmares?
- De Cabo da miedo / Scary De Cabo (Cape Fear)Ángel de Cabo was jailed with the highest bail ever set in Spain’s legal history.
- A love to hideFormer President Zapatero praising Rajoy, Zaplana praising Zapatero. Out of the closet at last!P.S.: if you don’t recognize the cyclist on the left, he’s Zaplana (he’s had a nose job).
- Missing in ActionWhile the country sinks into bankruptcy, the leader of the opposition is.... Missing in Action.
- JUAN CARLOSKing Juan Carlos was, like John Carter, an honorary President of WWF Spain, until he was caught killing elephants in Botswana with his lover while the kingdom of Spain was in the midst of the crisis.
- Trading PlacesSpanish banking: privatize the gains, socialize the losses.
- Der Untergang
- Abortum: Men Who Hate WomenMen Who Hate Women was the Spanish title of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Minister of Justice Alberto Ruiz Gallardón is a Man Who Hates Women, depriving them of the freedom of choice regarding abortion, taking us all the way back to the 19th century.
- The PaperThe Paper is about FatimaGate, the Spanish news leak scandal of 2012.
Fátima Bañez, the Labor Minister (who believes the virgin will get us out of the crisis) disclosed the opposition's labor force adjustment plan (ERE); the leak was published by the most conservative and biased newspaper in the country.
- UntouchableDictator Francisco Franco is Untouchable.
From 1939 his rule was law. Franco’s Spain displayed all the usual characteristics of a right wing dictatorship. All opposition was ruthlessly dealt with; the nation had to endure the activities of a secret police force; all the aspects of politics that would have been taken for granted in Europe, such as fair elections and political opposition, were not tolerated in Franco’s Spain. He died in 1975.
Even today, the crimes committed during his dictatorship in Spain cannot be investigated. Ask Garzón what he thinks of it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8682948.stm
- Dirty BusinessAsuntos Sucios means Dirty Business.
Iñaqui Urdangarín son-in-law of Spanish King stole millions of euros of public money.
16 million euros to be exact.
- Palma’s HonorSpanish Royal Mafia: A pair of blue-blooded lovers in a cold-blooded business.
- No scapeFighting for cutbacks will be the fight of his life.
- The last of the MarianosThe end of a breed.
- Liar liar
- MIB: Men in Black
- Devil’s advocateStarring Luis Bárcenas and his new lawyer, Javier Gómez de Liaño.
- Zipi and Zape (Spanish cartoon characters)Break the rules, join the club!