- Valerie Stevenson-Alkire
- The visual arts have been my passion for several decades of my life whether it is Graphic Design, photography or the Graphic industry as a whole. They have a story to tell.
Armed with an Associate's degree in photojournalism and a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Art Technology, I have hit the ground running. Through research and reading I stay up-to-date with trends although I believe that some techniques never get old.
I am a freelance designer in the Kansas City metro area and below are some samples of my work. Some of the work have been used for print work and others have been in the Kansas City Independent Magazine and featured in a video used on Hope House .net website and youtube.
My specialties are: news letter & brochure design/posters/ fliers/ logos/business cards/ad design/ business forms/web art/image retouching/pre-press & optimization/word press/Adobe Creative Suite/vinyl signs & vehicle lettering/PC & Mac platforms.
- Experience in sourcing or quoting/estimating in the printing industry
- Strong written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Self-starter who can deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency on computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a team atmosphere