- VOGUE (RE)BRANDING
A MANIFESTO ON TRANSFORMING VOGUE INTO A DISTINCTIVE AND APPEALING BRAND IN KOREA.
It comes from France and has big ambitions in Korea. It wants to be the 1st choice to conventional super slim smokers who value quality of life. Vogue must become the alternative to Esse, the market leader. Most Koreans smoke Esse. For Vogue to get him to switch, it must offer him a real choice and propose a compelling point of view that he can relate to. Vogue is down-to-earth. It is not overly trendy or sophisticated. Neither is it simplistic or out-of fashion. Instead of a fashion victim, Vogue is simple and casual in taste. Vogue behaves like a gentleman. It is easy and never extreme. It is emotional and intelligent, not philosophical and challenging.
It is a people’s person, not a salesman.
Ultimately, smoking is an experience of collective exhalation that Vogue makes more enjoyable
because it is a “shared pleasure”.
*Vogue is the code of good times, the tobacco equivalent of ‘cheers’
- How do we speak?
- Our voice is friendly but not fake, lively but not loud.
- Our choice of words is simple and down-to-earth, gracious and hospitable.
- We look at you at your level when we speak.
- We do not talk down at you or talk up to you.
- We speak with empathy, adding depth to our naturally warm and welcoming voice.
- We are balanced and real. Because we are that “buddy” voice. A buddy who isalways inviting our consumers to step into the lighter side of life. An invitationshaped by our belief to share the little pleasures in life with each other.
How do we look?
Our consumers may not be ultra fashion-conscious metrosexuals like David Beckham or pop star Rain. But it is a basic human need to want to look good to some extent. And being middle class in a modern society of an industrialised nation with international exposure, our consumers appreciate a little respectable taste in appearance. So aesthetically, our look has to take on a more urban and international slant to match their quality of life.
- Stylishly simple and contemporarily classy.
- Not flashy or funky.
- Do not like to shout for attention.
- Quiet confidence and casualness.
- Distinctive in our appearance because as a friend, one needs to be recognisable.
- Never fancy making bold visual statements to jolt people out of their comfort zone.
- While we do not challenge the boundaries of art, we do not blend into the background either.
Style Contemporary | Minimalist | Refined | Distinctive | Fresh | Urbane | Cultured.
As we are changing the packaging, the best way to manage sentiments is to keep the one thing that is most prominent of a brand and that is the logotype. After all, the characteristics of the current logo fit into the equation of the brand personality.
- Simple yet elegant, somber yet distinctively dignified.
- Minimalist feel adds a contemporary touch.
- Being lower case makes it friendly, while its structured shapes and well-defined contours keep it standing solid and proud on its own, highlighting the reliability character of the brand.
- Well-spaced between each letter, the logo is made visually relaxing.
- ROUND ONE
- OPTION 01 SHARE IT, SAVOUR IT.
- OPTION 02 COME ON OVER.
- OPTION 03 GOOD TIMES AHEAD, SHALL WE?
- OPTION 04 WELCOME TO YOUR V SPACE.
- ROUND TWO
- VOGUE SPACE - COME ON OVER
TEASER | LAUNCH (PRODUCT DRIVEN) | REINFORCE (BRANDING)
- ROUND THREE
- VOGUE FOR GOOD TIMES - V IN THE MOMENT
(SUBTLE 'V' SHAPE APPEARING IN ALL COMMUNICATION VISUAL)
- ROUND FOUR
- VOGUE FOR GOOD TIMES - COME ON OVER. TO VOGUE.
UTILIZING THE DEPTH OF FIELD CREATED BY THE 'V' FOREGROUND TO INVITE
READER TO COME ON (CROSS) OVER TO THE VOGUE SIDE; THE GOOD TIMES.