- Conselheiro António Cândido square
Amarante . Portugal . 2011
- In this organic complex that was consolidated, trough times in the collective idea and in public space, several elements that make it work, were integrated in a coherent context always protected by the architect.
From this main idea appeared 3 sub-projects:
1. The formal and “mechanical” composition of the square, that resulted in the reduction of traffic and improvement of accessibilities for disabled people;
2. The discovering and maintenance of the medieval bridge, that was no surprise to us, because since the beginning of this process (7 years gone), we suppose that in that precise place once existed an ancient crossing of medieval ages;
3. For last, the future center of tourism information will be the meeting point of Amarante with much more to show, rather than only its Historical City Centre.
© António Mota, architect
- TORURISM OFFICE
- PUBLIC BENCH
- URBAN DESIGN ALIGNMENTS
RTP - NATIONAL PUBLIC TELEVISION INTERVIEW
HISTORIC CENTRE REFURBISHMENT - AN INTEGRATED PROJECT
- FUNCTIONAL SCHEMES