Historical axis of Siekierki district ran through 3 triangular urban squares, composing the views on its way and ended at the Shrine. After the war, this route gradually became demoted, outline of the old squares disappeared under the irregular buildings, without the possibility for recovery.
The concept of this project is derived from the historical system, with the main axis and three squares along it, but the repetition is created in the new place. The idea is to recreate the route, and create new axis, which could become the focusing point and the dynamic space, bringing together trade-, sport-, and cultural-related services.
- Analisys of the existing plan:
- New axis would go from the west, through the square related mainly to the gastronomy and trade, then through the central part related to the marchants, as well as tourist and information point, till the very end in the last square, connected with sporting activities, directing our attention to the water.
- THE BALANS OF THE SITE:TOTAL AREA: 204235M2
TOTAL CONSTRUCTION AREA: 63312M2 (31%)
Of which biologically active substances: 91905M2 (45%)HOUSING (assumed number): 2115
PARKING PLACES INDICATOR is 1.5 per apartment and 20 parking spots per area of 1000m2.
70% parking spots of each quarter is in the underground levels of buildings, 30% in the surrounding field.NUMBER OF PARKING PLACES: 3161
IN THE FIELD: 950
In the underground levels: 2211
- Urban concept for the whole area:
- Detailed design for the second quarter and square:
- Final composition: