A Sci-Fi short Work in Progress
- In early 2011, I began working on a very abstract motion graphics project in Cinema 4D. The project grew the more that I worked on it. Eventually I decided to nest the central "exposition" within a short narrative. These series of images show some of my work in progress, and some finished scenes that I've created for this project and its Science Fiction theme. I still have a good bit of work to do on this, but it will probably be no more than a 5 minute long film when all is said and done.
- An establish shot in low orbit above a distant and strange planet. A spacecraft streaks by, reentering the atmosphere.
- An establish shot in high orbit above the planet, with a cargo ship in the foreground. The planet is in a binary star system, and symmetry plays a role in the narrative, as well as the shot compositions.
- A transport on final approach to land. I wanted to create a very strong sense of place and detail in this project.
- A view of the landscape. I wanted the world to have a very strange, and foreboding character to it.
- I wanted to show in detail how things work and what is going on in this fictional world. This shot in particular shows some of the industrial mining operation on the planet. Again, symmetry and geometrical shapes play an important thematic and compositional role here.