Typographic Playing Cards
- AIGA Member GalleryProject Featured On:AIGA Member Gallery — 5/30/11
- Typographic Playing Cards
- This is a collaboration between myself and my co-worker Junli Kato. We made a deck of cards and the box to go with it. Junli made all the number sides of the cards, while I did the back design and the box design, mainly off of witty type-related sayings and some of our vectors. This was definitely challenging, but at the same time gratifying, and FUN, because it's a deck of cards after all.
- Each card uses part of this design for the back.:
- The front of the cards were all designed by Junli Kato:
- These are some of the vectors we used. Junli's vectors are very cute, so I tried making some vectors go along with her style, along with using some of my own personal ones that worked just as well. We added vectors of our co-workers and a parody of the Design Group logo, that would work both as an indicator of cards (spade) and that we love Design Group (heart).