- Make it cheap, but expensive...
Golden and stylish, you know.
- "Good design comes from constraints" - or so they say.
Two construction companies wanted to present their trade to Turkmenistan officials. I got a simple request for this publication. They wanted something golden, and something that has Turkmenistan look to it.
I had only one day to design this, and here is a genesis of the cover for the publication:
- I did a research about Turkmenistan's "visual identity" and I found out that their flag contains original carpet (kelim) patterns.
- Next I collected different kelim patterns (I made sure they were from Turkmenistan, and not any other country in their neighborhood).
- Tracing the kelim pattern created this first draft that was further refined and - yes, I added gold.