- Trou - Hologram Projecting Flexible Mobile Phone Concept
This is the second idea I submitted for a future mobile design competition held last month. The theme was “Design the mobile phone of 2020″.
- The technology of holography is progressing day by day. In 10 years, I hope it will have already been developed for mass production and will of course used in our mobile phones. The area conventionally used for a display in a mobile phone will no longer need to be a screen with 3D projecters. Instead, it could be a hole, which allows another useful purposes.
- At the same time, the materials used for the outer body of a mobile phone will become softer and softer. By successfully combine those attributes, there could be a mobile phone with a flexible vacant frame, which projects hologram in the vacant area.When you have it in your hand, you can use it just as a conventional mobile phone except for the fact that what you see is 3D holography!
- Because its frame area is flexible enough to let your wrist go through the hole, you can wear it around your wrist. A quick phone answering can be done while you are wearing it.
- 3D projectors are located inside the flexible frame, which project dramatic holography.