Toms (Footwear) Toms was established in 2006 in Argentina when Blake Mycoskie discovered that many people were living their lives without shoe… Read More
Toms (Footwear) Toms was established in 2006 in Argentina when Blake Mycoskie discovered that many people were living their lives without shoes. He wanted to create a shoe that would be simple, easy to make and universal for consumers. The One for One initiative was born where one shoe purchased was matched with one shoe sent to someone in need. This is the glue that binds the brand together.
1. What is the problem the advertising needs to solve?
Lack of awareness of what exactly Toms does, in terms of philanthropy. Consumers are aware that purchasing helps someone get a pair of shoes however what does this mean in the overall scheme of things. There is a controversy that they are not living up to what they promise.
2. Whose heads and hearts are we trying to win? Educated, Urban dwellers 20-35 in North America. They are informed, smart consumers who read up on products before making a purchase decision, instead of impulse buys. They are eco-conscious consumers who opt for organic food, local products and Pop shops. They value their personal brand and only purchase products that align with this image. They value organic food and travel frequently.
3. What do know about them, their lives & their unmet needs that will help us win them over?
These individuals lead hectic lifestyles and have always been interested in giving back. They have not yet discovered a charity that they wish to align them selves with or a secondary charity to be apart of.
4. What do we want them to think, feel, or do as a result of our advertising?
We want consumers to feel empowerment through footwear. We want them to feel that with each pair of shoes purchased they are helping an individual take steps towards living a better life. We want them to feel like it is an easy purchase that will benefit more than them selves.
5. What is the one thing we can say to achieve this?
The first step towards a progressive world
6. What gives our brand the right to claim the one thing we want to say?
Over 10,000 in sales in their first year, many followers, footage in communities receiving the product from actual loyal consumers. Toms has won wards over the years for their efforts in helping send shoes to individuals.
7. What is the essence of our brand that grabs people’s hearts and what is its voice?
The voice and tone sounds like a casual conversation between friends that isn’t forced. The essence of the brand is community. A sense of helping out your global neighbour
8. Whose lunch are we trying to steal?
Bob’s by Sketchers- similar concept to Toms where one pair goes to help someone in another country.
9. What are the expectational mandatory (incl. media)?
10. How will we measure success?
Sales, FB likes, shares, contest entries Read Less