For my Thesis Project, I made the Identity Redesign of a traditional coffee and bakery shop from San Juan, Argentina. It exists before the earthquake of 1944 and reborn with the city after that.
The actual problem is that, there's not an Identity System, so the clients and prospects can't build a solid image in their memories of "El Águila". The other problem is that the actual client it's above 50 or 60 years old, and the bussines needs to capture a new and young public, preserving the actual.
But the real problem behind the one that is on sight, is that if this traditional Coffee Shop disappears, part of San Juan's cultural heritage will disappear too.
To these problems "El Águila" must renew itself and capture a new market strengthening the one that already has. Making this from a position that makes the difference with the competition and also highlight it's strengths and roots.
- Redesign the identity of "El Águila" (confitería)
- Revalue the coffee shop as part of development and cultural heritage of San Juan.
- Start from the 3 pillars that support it: Tradition, Quality and Trajectory, defining it as part of development and cultural heritage of San Juan.
- Appeal to history and evolution of the province.
- Take relevant facts of San Juan's history from the last 70 years in different areas
The Final Resolution of this project includes:
- Isologotype and an alternative logotype.
- Graphics for interior design
- Decision for interior design: floor, lights, furnitures, space distribution, etc.