- Note: These themes were design for an E- Business product; a platform to enable and encourage businesses online.
1. To create an easy to use/ edit and easy to customize themes by a user with average computer skills.
2. A flexible approach to cater any type of content and any level of information.
3. Conceptualize from both point of view; user of design as seller, and interaction of buyer with the design as well.
More importantly every business has its own distinct features but major business types, which are targeted:
My role was to create:
Guidelines I followed:
Horizontal grids: easy to increase or decrease as per the content requirement.
Three types of customization: Basic, Advanced, CSS(considering user with any level of computer skill set and making it more systemic and easy going.)
Basic: fonts, fonts colour, colour, background colour, texture.
Advance: banner, images, product categories, content edit on pages.
CSS: edit code
1. Theme design for Store:
People can sell physical and digital products. Themes for store will have following major features:
Buy or download button,
Shopping cart/ add to cart
Search filters: by type, size, price, colour.
- Wireframes of default theme
- Homepage of default theme
- Following are few other themes design
- 2. Theme design for Groups:
Groups can be assumed with most distinct feature. Major features will be:
Sell/ book tickets,
Groups will be here:
For self promotion,
For event promotion,
To get Subscriptions.
It can be a closed or open group for subscription. It will surely not be a content based group or for discussions. Event being the major attraction of the group can be categorized into upcoming, past and any other category.
- Wireframe showing the event categorization done on the left side on event menu.
- Event details wireframe
- Design guidelines for home page
3. Theme Design for Services:
Businesses providing services have very different business models than stores. Themes displaying services will be displaying the portfolio, testimonials, rate card/ services and achievements. The users of these designs will be doctors, lawyers, CAs, Tutors, counselors etc. This profile can be made by a group or by an individual.
Themes for services will have major following features:
Create service chart,
- 4. Theme design for NGO:
Non-profit organizations (NGO) need to communicate what they are for, what their practices are and what all they have done. The objective of having an online profile of an NGO is self-promotion, get known and ultimately get donations. It is similar to some extent with themes for services in terms of displaying a portfolio. Also it has some similarities with the groups as an NGO can be taken as a group also unless without an aim of getting donations.
NGOs need an online profile to:
Communicate their core values,
Communicate their work areas,
and Represent the projects they have done and their ongoing projects,
get donations online.
- Note: Images used are only for reference.