- "The Sopranos" Screen-Printed PosterConcept, design & illustration
- The Bottle Neck Gallery, a contemporary art space in Williamsburg, New York, commissioned me to do a piece for their debut exhibition “More Than You Imagined: Art Inspired by Premium Cable”. The show features work influenced by some of the most iconic HBO, Showtime, and Starz television shows. I was asked to do a piece on “The Sopranos”, which was printed as an 18″x24″ 3 colour screen-print.
- I began by watching the entire series again as research. I wanted to create something that celebrated the multi-layered and often symbolic storytelling style of the show, with visual clues references particular episodes and overall themes explored throughout the series. The start point visually was the reverse of a one-dollar bill, and the way its symbolism has a sort-of macabre and gothic quality to it. The dollar bill itself can be symbolic in relation to the themes of the show, but I did not want this relationship to be too obvious.
- The poster was printed by KW Screenprinting in Portland, Oregon USA, and ran as part of the art show in New York for it's duration.
- Thanks for readingThis poster is available for purchase here.
The print is also available as a mens/ladies t-shirt here.
For further updates on Bunbury Creative, why not follow me on Twitter or the Facebook page?
If you liked this project, please hit the button below - I'd sure appreciate the appreciation.