- The Pea Princess
bedtime stories - ipad/ipod app
- These are the illustrations I did for an ipad & ipod application called bedtime stories.
These stories are made for children ( and grownups if you are like me, still in love with Walt Disney and Rebecca Dautremer) that come with a range of languages wich you can choose. This one is the story about The Pea and Princess and what was really good was that I had total freedom in doing them.
I drew the scenes and characters with pencil and the painting was done almost exclusively with Photoshop.
Now go buy it! ;)
Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess, but she would have to be a real princess
- He travelled all over the world to find one, but it was difficult to find out whether they ere real princesses or not.
- So he came home again, sad and without a real princess.
- One evening a terrible storm came on; there was a thunder and lightning and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
- A beautiful girl was standing out there in front of the gate. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels.
- "Hello", she said, I'm a princess and I was wondering if you could give me shelter for the night?"
- Suspicious wheter she was a real princess, the old queen went to the bedroom and placed a pea on the bottom of the bed.
- Then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea and asked the princess to go to sleep.
- In the morning the queen asked "Did you sleep well, my dear?"
- "Oh no...I slept so badly!" she said. "Heaven knows what was in my bed, but I was lying on something so hard I have scarcely closed my eyes all night"
- The queen immediately knew that she was indeed a real princess as only one could be as sensitive to feel the pea through the twenty mattresses
- So the prince took her for his wife, for now he was sure that he had a real princess...and they lived happyly ever after.
- THE END