- The Museum of Art of Vine
12.2005, ZHEJIANG, CHINA
- The museum is used for exhibition of artistic objects made of vine- a traditional folk art. The design is to illustrate the characteristics of vine- softness and extension-and to create the sense of continuity by “weaving” different spaces and organizing visiting routes.
- The site is in a small town of Zhejiang Province, China. The town is abundant in vine and is famous for artistic objects made of vine. To protect the traditional folk art, the government proposed to build a museum for regular and irregular exhibition.
The site is surounded by river and low residential buildings. The main access for motor vehicles is in the west and the limit of the height of building is 20 metres.
- The museum contains the visiting rooms, meeting rooms, exhibition halls, storages, multi-media room, offices, cafes, and so on.
- The design is aimed to create spatial continuity to illustrate the nature of vine. Such elements as stairs, ramps, open spaces, etc., are used to create visual penetration .