- The Ford Story Redesign
It became obvious Ford could not rely on the press to tellits story. The company needed a forum tocommunicate directly to consumers and influencers a forum that offeredtransparency and energized advocates. Ford needed to become more human, and tapinto the passion owners and stakeholders felt about the brand. And, most importantly,give them a voice with which to share their passion.
- To help socialize the story, theFordStory.com evolved to feature widgets of social network tools such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
- Online polling was put in place to gauge consumer interest in Ford initiatives and to measure sentiment about automotive issues.
- Feedback mechanisms such as the ability to comment on individual story and video posts were put in place to provide more interaction with site visitors.
- Monthly chats with Ford executives were added to allow consumers to ask product and company questions with subject-matter experts in real time.
- To provide additional voices on theFordStory.com, the site was expanded to include influential bloggers providing content, perspective and commentary on Ford products.