- The Axe Man
Cutting tools for lovers.
- This is my final project to the Design course at ESEIG-IPP, Porto.
Project to develop a kit for forest, mostly intended for an audience 'Do It Yourself' with the purpose of cutting and preparing wood, as well as for those who have a special admiration for the beauty of this type of objects. It includes an aex, a hatchet, a saw/machete and a carry bag of wood which, when empty, serves as a case for the tools. The distinction point of these pieces is the innovative design combined with a choice of fine materials and craftsmanship: cables in Afizélia wood, steel blades, bag and some protections in leather and coats in Newbaum's cotton tape.
- Orange Newbaum's cotton strip which provides a comfortable and a very efficient grip as well as a certain class and elegance.
- Leather strap designed to involve the user's wrist, carved in wood with a crossed wedge to the grain of the wood and glue.
- The axe head ergonomic design well fits in the user's hand, and benefits all the tasks and the transportation of the tool.
- The head of the axe is fixed with an umbrako screw, threaded in a methalic tube and inserted into the cable timber. It will prevents any movement of the two parts and supports the blade maintenance.
- Carrying bag of wood already cut in leather with enforced seams hand made , all involved in a complete manual work. Handles in Afizélia wood.
- When not used to carry wood, this carrying bag can also be a case for tools allowing a good arrengement and transportation.
- The Axe Man at designboom.