The point of this assignment was to explore the texture of type, whether it be serifs, sans-serifs, italics, bold, condensed, whatever.
The point of the first assignment (the text blocks) was to see how type creates a visual image as well as legible content. We were also tasked with making the composition visually balanced, so we were allowed to play with the weight of fonts, leading, whatever. As long as we did not distort the type in anyway, we were allowed free reign.
The second assignment was to find three textures in the real world, and then, using type, recreate them. I'm not particularly proud of the coffee beans, but I just started, so I'm not going to beat myself up too much.