- Target Demo: 2Pac and Biggie Tribute
Portraits of the late Tupac Shakur and Christopher Wallace
- Earlier this year I was commissioned by Rareink to paint portraits of hip hop legends Biggie and 2pac on behalf of their respected estates. The painting set, “Target Demo” is now available in limited edition prints and canvases, with a portion of the proceeds donated to the Tupac Shakur Amaru Foundation and the Christopher Wallace Memorial Foundation.
- About The Work - Target Demo: Portraits of Tupac Shakur and Christopher Wallace“Biggie and 2pac will always be examples of how powerful music can be as a medium. Their ability to translate the often grim, inner-city struggles to the masses had them both praised and vilified. Played in the streets and targeted in the media - a marketing plan of rivalry set sights on their friendship, fans and the entire hip-hop community. A senseless tragedy over extraordinary talent, “Target Demo” is my tribute to both men.“
- Target Demo Side A: 2Pac - Limited Edition Print“I don’t believe there ever was, or ever will be another rapper as prolific as 2pac. The amount of work he produced within roughly 5 years exceeds most lifelong music careers. 2pac didn’t wait. He wrote, performed, recorded, advocated and engaged in every day as if it was his last - resulting in one of the most undeniable voices in a generation.”
- Target Demo Side B: Biggie - Limited Edition Print"Biggie was evidence that despite seemingly endless disadvantages, talent can lift you up. His voice, wit and delivery put him above anyone else on any track he was on. Storytelling was cinematic in detail, with effortless rhyme patterns and cadence. Biggie made opportunity and earned respect – all from his talent."