- Surfers Against Sewage are a national environmental charity, protecting waves, surfers, marine and coastal environments. I designed and built this fully responsive website to showcase their campaigns, issues they take on, present their news, history, environmental factoids, regional info, Reps profiles and much more... There is also a shop selling clothing, products and membership.P.S. I cut the footer off some of the visuals to save you having to scroll too far ;)See more on this project (including wireframes) on my site at: www.roomfive.net/surfers-against-sewage/
- Bodies of text (generally) on the website are centered on the page in a narrow column, distraction and clutter free, so the user can focus in on and read the content, with no unneccesary fuss or annoying adverts & cross-sells.
- The donations are handled off-site on the new social platform for charities: Believe.in, where no cuts are taken off donations, unlike JustGiving & Co. The donation amounts in the design feed into a pre-populated form on the charities unique/styled page on Believe.in, so is super quick and easy to donate online.Follow SAS on Believe.in at: https://believe.in/surfers-against-sewage/
- The images used in the design mockup below are for creative direction only. The header image is from the Finisterre lookbook, the small thumbnails are sourced from SAS, Finisterre and Quiksilver.
- The product tiles flip 180° on mouse rollover to show the reverse of each product, as most of the products vary a lot from front-to-back. This also saves the user the trouble of having to visit every product page to see the product in more detail. Have a 'play' here...Thanks to Darren Newbery for the product photography!
- The template below introduces SAS's revolutionary Sewage Alert Service app and service. Real-time sewage alerts, with links to download...
Learn more about this service: www.sas.org.uk/sewage-alert-service/
- Thanks for taking a look.Please visit the SAS website at: www.sas.org.uk