St. Mary's Catholic High School, Menston wished to articulate and promote the school's values. The 7 values (later expanded to 8) are based on the Beatitudes.
A bright colour scheme was established and a campaign across school began (in October 2011) to make sure everyone was aware of the values. The bright colours were chosen so each value stood out. The indicative photographs were chosen from our own collection.
So far the campaign has included:
- A very large (185cm high x 9m wide display) in the main hall. It was printed on PVC Foamex board by Quarmby Colour in Leeds.
- 2 further Foamex signs, printed by Quarmby Colour.
- Several paper displays around school, such as in the music department with the photographs changed to be music based
- Posters throughout school
- 100 x Stickers (8cm high x 186cm wide) to go on the bottom of existing displays around school
- Desktop backgrounds for all our 600 computers
- PowerPoint slideshows for Masses and assemblies
- A page in the planner given to each Y7–11 pupil in September showing the values
- Candles given to pupils as they finish their education at St. Mary's
- The display is going to be translated into different languages, to be displayed where French, German, Italian and Chinese lessons are taught.
- A 250cm wide typography based display, the 50 colour-coded words demonstrating how at St. Mary's we 'live the Word' of each value.
Pupils and staff are now very familiar with the 7 values and the campaign has been met with approval of visitors, parents and Governors. It has helped the teaching staff to be able to refer to the values.
stmarysmenston.org Our Vision and Values page