- Speak Easy
An Online Micro Brewing Community
- The support for craft beers has clearly been rising over the past few years, and with it a need for a central organization of needs, wants, and best practices. People deserve a easy-to-use tool that provides them with information needed to make an informed decision on their purchases and a way for the brewers out there to have access to proper tutorials and proven methods. As it is, these tools are, more or less, scattered about the internet in different locations, or in formats that aren't the easiest for the user to navigate.
Speak Easy was designed to bring all of these things together in a welcoming environment for those involved in all parts of the brewing and consumption process. Designed for tablet and smartphone, it gives the user access to portable video tutorials, easy-to-use rating/commenting systems, and on-the-go mapping to find their favorite craft beers.
- Graphic styles were meant to reference a Prohibition-era look while still having a modern feel. Highly legible sans-serifs used for copy contrasted with more classical display serifs strove to introduce a sit-down pub environment to the on-the-go context associated with tablets and smartphones.
- Clearly separated tabs and filter-result displays provide the user with an easily navigable pattern of general-to-specific steps to find the information they need.
- Implementing a "Journal" feature gives the user the ability to track what beers they've tried, which ones they still need to try out, and notate their experience along the way. Based on ratings and selections provided by the user, the app returns suggestions for other craft beers that might be of interest.
- GPS navigation points the user to the closest locations where they can find the beers they're looking for, whether they be bars, specialty stores, or restaurants, with clear icons to designate which is which.