Project name: Solar Power System Sizing of Sherwani FarmhousesDates: September 2010 – October 2010Duration of project in man hours (approximate): 140Area: Renewable EnergyClient: Sherwani'sRole: Project Management, Technical Analysis, Liaison and Documentation
An off-grid stand alone Solar Photovoltaic system was sized for the provision of Electric Power to all the farmhouses' loads such as water-pumping, lighting etc. The farmhouses were seven in number along with a centralized water-pumping system. The client was also interested in the feasibility of multiple options i.e, Centralized Solar Plant, separate systems, wind-solar hybrid systems etc. The project and my work involved the following:
- -- Multiple meetings with Sherwani's personnel.
- -- Site Visits for load assessment.
- -- Site evaluations regarding sun irradiation and wind speed and for panels/system placement.
- -- Technical sizing and analysis.
- -- Financial analysis.
- -- Preparation of the Solution Package.