- The Wild Apple was a well known fixture in Kelowna. Part of the Manteo Resort, it needed an update to attract a broader crowd of food lovers.I was involved in developing the online presence of this new, beautiful brand identity.
- My process was very simple:
1) Establish the primary goals from the client and match that up to what we already knew of the customers they wanted to attract.
2) Distill those requirements into a IA that was logical, usable and a pleasure to explore.
3) Design several concepts that highlighted the key areas of the restaurant.
The site was developed in Wordpress, and successfully launched in April of 2013.
- It's always fun to design a site that needs to leverage beautiful imagery to convey the emotional and spacial tone of the restaurant. However the challenge was to ensure a highly optimized website that loaded fast and performed well without sacrificing the integrity of the design.