- Slightly Insulting Chicago Posters
Chicago is a city made of neighborhoods, each with its own culture and feel. These posters, created with designers Jeni Brendemuehl and Lauren Schroer, aim to poke fun at what makes each different 'hood unique. This project started with a joke, but less than one week later--and only five posters in--it had gone viral and we were being interviewed for an article in Chicago's largest newspaper, the Chicago Tribune.The posters have been featured in the Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Reader and Huffington Post. We were also selected to be in AIGA's 4th Annual Typeforce, "A Showcase of Typographic All-stars."It's proof that Chicagoans love, and love to make fun of, the neighborhoods they call home.See more at the Slightly Insulting Tumblr
- Page 3 of the Chicago Tribune, Friday, July 13, 2012
- RedEye Daily Newspaper's Tumblr Thursday Feature
- RedEye.com Homepage
- Chicago Sun-TimesThe Chicago Sun-Times reached out to us for an online piece about the creation and reception of the poster series. The reporter was a blast to talk with and commissioned us to do a poster insulting the Sun-Times (A very easy task, by the way). He wasn't sure if the editors would want to post it, but we went ahead and made one anyhow. See it below. And for the full story click here.
- Typeforce 4: Typographic All-Stars Exhibit