For my Senior Project I designed and hand-bound an 80 page book exploring the history of dreams. I approached the project with the mindset of choosing a topic that I knew I wouldn't get bored with researching, and that had the potential to have it's own unique style.
With topic in hand, I experimented with different ideas on how to make my book visually interesting and engaging for the reader. Challenging myself I decided to try and print my book using uv inks. The goal was to use the inks as a second layer to my book-- a mimic to the way dreams overlay one another and have their own hidden elements-- and have the reader us a uv flashlight inorder to reveal the hidden elements.
After a few weeks of research I found that the best way to get my book printed at a reasonable cost was to print it myself. What follows are photos of the final product.