- The Singapore Botanic Gardens Corporate Identity (Concept)
- Student Project
- Our BrandThe Singapore Botanic Gardens is a tropical Garden of Eden where human and nature exists in perfect harmony. Our brand promises a vibrant lifestyle experience that will truly awaken every senses!
- Original Logo
- History (Source Wikipedia)The first "Botanical and Experimental Garden" in Singapore was established in 1822 on Government Hill at Fort Canning by Sir Stamford Raffles, the founder of modern Singapore and a keen naturalist.The present site was established 30 years later in 1859 when the Agri Horticultural Society was granted 32 hectares of land in Tanglin by the colonial government, which had obtained it from the merchant Hoo Ah Kay, known as Whampoa, in exchange for land at Boat Quay.The Gardens played an important role during the "greening Singapore" campaign and Garden City campaign during the early independence years.In December 2012, an application for it to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site was made.
- The existing logo design features a Cyrtostachys palm. While this is a plant that is common around the island, most Singaporeans are unable to relate the plant to Singapore Botanic Gardens or even to name the plant.The logo design is dated and lacks the timeless quality that can reflect the garden's rich history in Singapore's nation building/greening and is unable to reflect the vibrant energy within the park. As such, this calls for action to rebrand the corporate identity of the Singapore Botanic Gardens so that Singaporeans and the world can visually relate to it
- Logo Redesign
- Our logo reflects the garden's vibrancy and liveliness.Pass on this energy, shape our logo the way it should be.
- The map of Singapore and a close-up detail of a leaf.The logo takes the form of a tree with its canopy in the shape of Singapore island.Sunny Orange, Emerald Green and Fresh Lime Green comes together in this logo to reflect its rich history, biodiversity and vitality respectively. At the same time, straight lines are justaposed with the organic form of the tree, giving it a timeless and contemporary look. These stark contrasts, when put together, creates a mysterious look and feel that awaits its audience to explore.
- Logo Construction
- B is for build.
S if for space.
We grow our trees strong and healthy, so keep our logo in good shape.
Our trees need sufficient space to grow well and so does our logo!
- Corporate Typeface
- Diavlo type family hints strongly of nature so we simply love them.
- Corporate Colours
- Sunny Orange, Emerald Green and Fresh Lime Green gives our brand a lively!
- Corporate Stationery Set
- Communication materials are often the first( and repeated) point of contact that people will have with their identity. Hence, inject the same vibrancy and energy that the brand communicates!Special thanks to SDMD graphic of Paladin Network for providing the PSD mockups!
The set is downloadble at http://paladinnetwork.net/download
- Corporate Campaign
- Catch on with people's pace, move alongside them with a media campaign.City dwellers are always on the move, day in, day out from home to work place and back to their homes. They tend to be very busy with their work thus never having a chance to stop to think of how they can slow down their pace of life.Grab the chance to pass on a message to them while thwy are on the move! Put up an effective media campaign at major public locations to help them visualise how they can have a more fulfilling lifestyle and achieve a work-life balance.
- Way finding System
- Reflect the vibrancy in the park itself. Lead the way with signages.
Asst Prof Angeline YamSMSD Graphic of Paladin Network
Nanyang Technological University
School of Art, Design & Media