After being part of the Fusion Theatre Cast for over 2 years, they kindly hired me to do the design for their biggest show yet - Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I jumped at the chance! I started work in November 2010, doing basic designs in the library of the University, before getting stage measurements and confirming the design with the director (Ian Milford). I then handed the design over to the fantastic joiner team (in the last photo) who had the set built and ready to paint just at the beginning of January 2011. Over the next two months, I spent around 30 hours a week painting alone in a rented warehouse. Luckily, it was beside a subway, so I was kept warm by several Meatball Marinaras. The set when finished was then dismantled and flatpacked, to rebuilt in the theatre 2 nights before opening night. I was also part of the stage team, despite not technically being strong to MOVE anything, I knew the set inside out and was needed until the stagehands learnt the changes (there were over 16 changes, spread across 3 major sets). It was great craic, lots of hard work, exhausting and pushed me to do something that I never thought I would ever get to do as a 19 year old. Though I did have to pick glitter out of my hair for the year after.