- SMART Link "Why the Sea is Salty" Campaign
- This is a campaign we did for a satellite phone service called SMART LInk. The brief tasked us to communicate specifically to families of seafarers. Here in the Philippines, seafarers work in ships for months which means they don't get to talk to or see their families for a very long time. Because the situation is already very sad and serious, we decided to take the more lighthearted route.
- Translation:Supers:Why the Sea is Salty
VO:During the olden days,
our forefathers had to sail out to sea
and for a long time, their loved ones
they were not able to see.
It was lonely.
So lonely that they began to cry
and cry and cry and cry
until the ocean got filled with their tears.
Before the sea becomes too salty,
let us lessen their sadness and tears,
with SMART Link satellite phone!
- Direct MailThe Direct Mail component was an actual storybook, sent to families of seafarers. Here are a few pages of the storybook.
- The SMART Link campaign proved to be both effective and creative winning best animation and best copy in 2007 Advertising Congress Awards. The TVC was also featured in Lürzer's Archive.CCO: Merlee JaymeECD: Eugene DemataCD/Copy: Jerry HizonArt: Herbert Hernandez
Copy: EJ GalangFA: Allan Montayre