- After Grad School I was commissioned to create vinyl signage by the School of Fine Arts at the university of Minnesota Duluth. I worked with vinyl both on the inside and outside of the glass outside their office. There was a 3d effect as layers on the inside would appear slightly distant from the hall.
- There were three icons used to represent the three major departments in the School of Fine Arts (Art and Design, Music, and Theatre). On the right pane they're listed along with the Fine Arts Academy, the Tweed Museum of Art, and the Glensheen Historic Congdon Estate.
The arrow points visitors toward the front door.
- The gray circles are on the interior of the window. It was a monumental pain getting everything to line up. I basically hand to put it together like a jigsaw, using parts of my design elements as registration for others.
- The black strips lay on the inside of the window which makes each department pop a little bit.
- This is what the view looks like from the inside of the office. I created an interior version so that the inside
would have just as much character as the exterior.
- The icons have been replace with type for the inside The red vinyl stickers from the exterior serve as borders for design elements in the interior.
- Words pulled from area's mission statements appear on the reverse of their respective area.
- There's also a small vinyl detail on the interior and exterior of the window on the office door.