- We Are The World - Roses Student Awards Entry 2013
- For the Roses Student Awards I selected brief #5 - 'We Are The World' and collaborated with my classmate, Matt Russell to complete the brief's following targets.The targets included:
-Create an effective logo and engaging tag-line
- Ideas for a social media marketing campaign (including an app that embraces twitter and facebook)
- Ideas for an off-line guerrilla marketing campaign- Website that encourages interaction and engagementChosen Target Audience
We decided to appeal to the demographic of young adults and represent the city of Manchester through the careful choice of colour and design which represented quite a dull and rain theme to tie in with the visual identity and tag-line.
Our visual identity was based around the concept of three major factors:
- The circular shape was intended to represent a rain drop to capture the stereotypical cold and wet weather conditions of Manchester.- The vertical positioning of the vector was intended to also be seen as a plectrum and north point of a compass.- To remain simple, iconic and easy to reverse and work efficiently in different colour schemes.
We decided on the tag-line of 'Reigning Independent.' This was based around the ideology of the company being an independent record label, reigning then came from the concept of the visual identity and Manchester's stereotypical weather conditions, however by playing on the homonym of 'raining' we went with 'reigning' instead to emphasise on the record label being leaders and pioneers within the scene.
- Website Design
The website was designed with user interaction as the main focus as to draw viewers in to visit up and coming artist events which would be signed to the Whim Up North label. We wanted to make the site act for a home base of the social media as it held links to external social media sources for Whim Up North such as a twitter account and YouTube channel.
- App Design
When designing the social media app we chose to stick to the same colour and layout style of the website to encourage social media interaction and ease of user recognition between both the site and social app.App pages included:- Home page
- What is Whim?
- Event planner- Music player
- News page
- Offline Guerrilla Advertising Campaign
For the offline guerrilla advertising campaign to raise awareness for Whim Up North we decided to bring the hashtag of '#WhimUpNorth' or '#WUN' from online through to offline as well as through research we found twitter to be one of the current leading social media sites which encourages user interaction. This hashtag could then be strategically placed around city centers around the world with very little cost involved.