- Industrial Design ServedProject Featured On:Industrial Design Served — 10/14/12
- Roku 2
Streaming Media Player
- Roku XD (gen. 1) helped introduce over a million customers to the streaming media market.Roku 2 is the next step of the streaming revolution: smaller, faster and more fun with social gaming.
- TV / Gaming RemoteThe new "Enhanced Remote" design enables motion-controlled gaming, along with buttons for video control and menu navigation. The form allows the remote to be held vertically or horizontally to optimize both TV and gaming experiences.
- The BoxRoku 2 is the smallest streaming player on the market. I worked closely with Roku's hardware engineers to minimize the footprint of the PCB, and through a clever arrangement of components, the part break-up was refined to be even more simplified than it's previous generation.The resulting design is softer, friendlier, and 47% smaller than the first generation.
- Different design, same aggressive price tags. It was critical that the industrial design helped Roku meet very low target costs. A refined part break-up and conscious use of materials and finishes bundels the tiny device in a fun, sophisticated, and cost-effective package.
- Holiday ad campaign brilliantly done by Division of Labor (www.divisionoflabor.com). It can be seen throughout San Francisco and Chicago.