- Regional Beasts
- This project was to apply an ink gouache resist technique to a series of four images. My thought was to design an ogre from four different regions of the world.
- The procedure requires you to paint your colored portions in gouache on illustration board leaving the areas you want black untouched by paint.
- From there you brush permanent ink across the entire image and let it dry.
- Then you literally rinse off the ink covering under a faucet, its nerve-racking!
- The gouache resists the ink and the portions of untouched board are now black.
- And finally touch ups with more gouache.
Overall I was pleased with the end result.
Ea. piece is 4" x 5"