Assignment: Through diagrams and value drawings, analyze the way in which light travels through Rapson Hall on the University of Minnesota campus.
I analyzed this path of light throughout the space through several
1) I first focused on a singular path of light through three aligned windows. These windows created a volumetric bar of light penetrating the space.
2) I then analyzed the progression of sunlight at different times of the day, and how this path of light is consequently affected.
3) Then, I decided to incorporate the entire addition to Rapson Hall, where I noticed a circulation of light throughout the space.
4) I further incorporated architectural elements in my analysis, such as wall and ceiling placements, to see how the light was affected.
5) I then noticed that the light was more than a simple path, but also created a volume of space both in the path of light, and in the void created in the center.