Rabbit 3D Zoetrope Created for the "I'm Really Sorry." Senior Studio Art Show at Northwestern College. Inspired by the Pixar 3D zoetrope. Rabbit sculptures placed on board that when spun at 60 rpm with a strobe light hitting it, the sculptures appear to come to life.
1) Animated 20f walk cycle in Flash CS5
2) Printed off each frame and built the 20 rabbit sculptures. Rabbits created with a wire armature, super sculpty, fabric and wood pole for support.
3)Tree created out of styrofoam and bark.
4) Measured board the rabbits were placed on to figure out placement. Circle board made out of plywood with a record fused to bottom.
5) Put tree, grass and rabbits on board.
6) Set up in space and turn on. Prepare to be amazed as sculpture comes to life.
Mechanical Base created by Kyle McKeever.