In the role of Digital Project Manager I oversaw the development and adaptation of our best selling travel guide series into the eBook format. The key aim of this project was to to bring the famed usability of our print guides as well as their new look and feel to multiple digital platforms.
The key challenges were:
- A condensed schedule and firm delivery dates.
- Working simultaneously with multiple teams including Digital Content in London and Digital Media in India.
- Redesigning and repurposing our print content, cartography, design elements and photography into the eBook format.
- Adapting this content to work on multiple platforms and devices including the iPad, Kindle and Nook.
- Designing and creating custom eBook specific assets and planning the future workflow for their ongoing creation.
- Arranging user testing sessions on multiple platforms with limited time and resources.
- Making key decisions and managing the project in a time pressured environment.
- Training editorial staff in how to use and asses eBooks for the final checking phase.
Having fulfilled all of the primary goals of this project and delivered on time and within budget, the final specification of our new eBook conversion will be rolled out across the entire Rough Guides backlist.
Rough Guides new eBook range is available now on the iBookstore and Amazon eBook Store.