- Behance.netProject Featured On:Behance.net — 3/6/10
- ROCKCRYSTAL wristwatch
My idea designing this unique wristwatch grew having been inspired by natural and cultural treasures that are found in the beautiful and idyllic Alps.
- The corpus` edges of my watch are shaped polygonal to remind of a naturally grown crystal.
Its entire design is reduced to its necessary features to reach minimalism.
Neither color coatings nor typographical applies on its surfaces disturb the original character of the basic materials - stainless steel and naturally grained wood.
The marks for twelve, three, six and nine o'clock such as the title are punched right into the stainless steel face.
- The wristband is made of a certain type of wood, which is mainly found in alpine regions of Central Europe.
The single elements are kept in a simple an slim rectangle shape. On one hand, this has the effect to also just reduce it to its function.
And on the other, it reminds of wooden boards on these old, rustical mountain huts.
- The adjustment/ wind up wheel, its pin and the joint to the hands are intendedly visible. This detail unmissunderstandable shows its function and underlines the honest and original look. Nothing remains hidden.
- Making a long story short; Wearing this watch makes its owner supporting his very own personality. Asymetrical edges, very clear, transparent design and either reserved but slightly excentrical charisma make this clock more than a watch.