Vampires and Witches
REBELS is the third book richly illustrated, in the edition of Serbian mythology. This book is logical continuation of Serbian Expelled Demons. In Expelled Demons, it was presented most various creatures of serbian mythology such as unbaptized creatures, dogheads, Grandma horn... and other strange beings. REBELS is the book about Serbian vampires and witches. The book was written by Milenko Bodirogic. As before, beside me on this project as illustrators also participated Dragan Bibin, Duško Beljac, Vanja Todorić I Miloš Vujanović.
The book preview (PDF) : http://www.datafilehost.com/download-5e4825bf.html
- "...Children born in the placenta, when the right time comes, can become vampires..."
- "...Drowned, suicides, unhappy dead, cursed, those who have died without candles - unfortunate souls above them hangs a dark shadow of vampirism, without their guilt - seem to be almost randomly selected and pushed into the arms of eternal night..."
- "...How long is their life after death no one knows. Some say only forty days - the time needed for dead soul to visit regions and beings that it loved in life...
...Rest is peace, quiet, and dead person is someone who has sunk in that peace, everlasting peace and quiet, without desire, hope and movement. But, there are those dead who can not settle down. They complain, rebel against everything, against life and against death ..."
- "...In order to give them peace, people with hawthorns stabbing vampires under their fingernails and the tongue, cut ears, feet and fingers, torn tendon below the knees..."
- "...Is there a safer and more naïve victim than dead man, whose peace is only stored in the hearts of the living? He should still live there, in those hearts that beat, to find peace in them. There and only there is his peace, his real tomb. But warm hearts are the place for something else..."
- "Today, most people imagine witches as ugly and old women. Demonic masks with toothless mouth, a long, hooked nose and at least one large nipple from which sticks out a few hairs..."
- "Witches come from ancient times, when death was not death, and when the living and the dead lived together… For these creatures boundaries between worlds was porous – in the space, border was marked with grave, and the time with sunset."
- "They say that God is powerful because He is the knower of all names. From Him the name can not be hid. But from the people and witches can..."
- "...The terrible names are welcome against a witch. If witches were already cracked down on someone's house, then the boy should be named Vuk (Wolf), and girl Vukosava or Vukana, because the witches are afraid of the wolf and not attack him."