- Here are a few radio clips below:
- MUSLIM CABDRIVERS BALANCE PASSENGERS AND PRAYER:
- (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
- A strict Muslim has to unroll a prayer rug, kneel on it and bow in the direction of Mecca five times a day. It is not an easy prayer schedule to keep for a Manhattan taxi driver. Senegalese cabbies who are resolved to praying five times a day face a litany of obstacles...
- Also published on The New York Torch.
- AN INTERFAITH SERVICE TO COMMEMORATE 9/11 TENTH ANNIVERSARY
- As the country commemorates the tenth anniversary of September 11, the Congregational Church of Harlem, on 139th street, hosted an unconventional service...
THE SECRETS OF SABAR DANCE
- About 50 dancers gathered on the green lawn of Governors Island – children, men, women, beginners and professionals. All followed the lead of the Senegalese choreographer Babakar Mbayé...
- See also a short audioslideshow I produced on this Sabar Dance workshop: