- Q8 • The DJ Project
- The drivers’ best friend. This is the Q8’s DJ. A character which is able to perform the repositioning of the brand Q8 and to be the integrated campaign’s core. Inspired to DJ Wolfman Jack from the movie “American Graffiti”, DJ Q8 is a mysterious man who knows very well drivers and their habits, just like Q8.
He tells simple things and give his advices to drivers, being very close to people, as you see in the two commercials, and also thanks to a very interesting radio planning with long formats (1 minute each) in which it really seems you are listening to a radio program and to a real dj.
- Online, it was spontaneous to give the DJ a home establishing a direct interaction between him and the users. That’s why we created a real radio, with a real programming, during which the street Dj selects music and tells his own stories. On www.radioq8.com website, in addition to sign the selection of music hits and the past successes, the Dj takes part giving precious advices for drivers and, thanks to «the radio dedications machine» application, he cuts some of dedications written by users.
These dedications could be listened on air, on Facebook and on the website.
The results are above expectations: 51.417 inputs in the first online month, with a permanence of 3 hours on average.
- Thanks to the application dedicated to Radio Q8 that can be downloaded on iPad and iPhone, the web radio can be listened anywhere, becoming not only the heart of the communication campaign, but also becoming a real new channel through which brand and target can communicate and share moments of life.
- We used the Youtube Tandem Masthed to empathize the tv ad and launch the interactive project of the radio.
Results were impressive: almost 40,000 contacts in 24 hours. The creativity realized with this banner format was selected by Youtube as one of the most relevant case history in 2011.
- Made at LOWE • PIRELLA FRONZONI