- Project Digital Blueprint Logo
- Project Digital Blueprint is a blog that I started to document my research process (and as a way of suppressing my nostalgia for blogging) to research and develop a universal iPad magazine app UI.
The creation of the logo began with several concepts in mind, which embodied my personality, but more importantly the mission of my research:
1. Blue, Blue, Blue
2. The hand-like iconography (representing the method of research that embraces the humanness (biology, psyche) that went into creating this technology - something we often forget when sitting in front of the LCD). Hopefully the hand isn't too obvious because it's masked by #3.
3. A logo that has a hint of technology-esque geeky-ness (ok, so it's more than just a little).
4. The "index finger" would be extended the furthest to indicate the number one, which the number in itself may have a few connotations - one of which is of the hope to be unparalleled in the type and quality of research that I pursue.
Admittedly although I had these concepts in mind, the actual design was on-the-go, which is a method that I embrace. My method proved to be fruitful once again when I realized another potential concept:
5. Pr is the shorthand in the Periodic table for Praseodymium, a metal that is found in rare earth elements and is an integral component to create high strength metals, flint and give glass and enamel a yellow color.