- Ask GregIllustrations for Prairie Dog & Planet S Magazines
- For over 2 years I have worked as a contract illustrator at both of these city papers. I started with the odd cover illustration and moved up to bi-weekly editorial illustration in both the Ask Greg column and the News Quirkscolumn.
Below you will find the question in which Greg was asked and my accompanying illustration.
- France - October 2008
During the Olympics I noticed that insteadof calling the host city Beijing French TV referred to it as Pekin. Do you knowwhy?
Esther L., Regina
*Greg mentions that Frances is full of themselves in his response
- Indy Hefner - September 2008What do you think of thenon-female sidekick in the new Indiana Jones movie? Can't you just hear Shiascreaming "INDY" in shrill female tones?
Dawn T, Regina
*Greg makes reference to idea of the possible young female interest in the new Indiana Jones interest mentioning it would make Indy look creepy "a Hugh Hefner/MichaelDouglas kind of way."
- GET CRACKING - August 2008
You mentioned inyour muffin vs. cupcake column that method of reproduction was one factor biologistsuse to classify animals. According to a news report I read awhile back, the duck-billedplatypus is one of only two egg-laying mammals in the world. Do you know why thisis?
- BAKEDGOODS - August 2008
Whatis the difference between a cupcake and muffin?
- BLOW ME - June 2008
Is it just me, or has it been especiallywindy this spring?
- LIQUID GOLD - May 2008
Hey Greg, on May long I got together withsome buds to have a few jars. Labatts Blue used to be my beer of choice. Butlately Ive been drinking a lot of Pil. Id never heard of this before, but oneguy said that on the label theres supposed to be a picture of something for everyletter in the red Pilsner flag. The labels definitely a classic, but do youknow if this is true?
- Poor Pluto - May 2008When I was akid, I remember learning in school that there were nine planets. But I heard recentlythat Pluto isnt a planet anymore, so now there are only eight. How can thatbe?
- Herpes - April 2008Ive developed acraving lately for black licorice. I dont eat a lot of it. At least, I dontthink I do. But one day last week when I defecated, it seemed that my stool wasgreen-tinged. Is this something I should be concerned about?
*Greg mentions that black licorice is also used as an antiviral agent to fight shingles and herpes
- Vagina Dentata Doll - February 2008If a gift ofred roses means 'I love you', and the gift of deodorant means you smell, whatdoes a foot-tall Vagina Dentata doll mean?