- Portfolio of my Work
This portfolio was put together to briefly illustrate some of my previous work. It contains examples from my summer placement, university projects, permanent employment and my own personal interests.
- I drew this bike as a personal CAD exercise, it is based upon a bike seen on the O.C. Choppers TV series.
- Fifth Year University Project
The aim of this project was to develop an educational toy that teaches children basic engineering logic andpractical skills. It proved to be a very complex project that involved many disciplines and areas of research. The final result was very successful and has received a great deal of interest.The CAD model consists of 260 individual components and 192 mates to create a fully animated assemblythat is ready for manufacture. In addition to the CAD model, a prototype was also fabricated. This is shownbottom left. Also an interactive and instructional DVD was produced along with a paper manual.
- I created the render below from parts modelled for the Strathclyde 2007 Formula Student Entry. I was a member of this team amongst others throughout my degree.
- This model was initially created for a university project to investigate die design when manufacturing cast components. I decided to look into the manufacture of the crank case of this RC engine. Later I added the additional components.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
This fifth year university project was completed in conjunction with Strathclyde Police. They wanted to purchase a UAV but saw significant problems with all the UAVs commercially available. They sought our help to come up with a new design that addressed these issues. The final concept was seen as a huge success by the police and we were asked to patent the design and take it to the next stage. The prototype was featured in local newspapers and on the university website. The render below displays the model that was constructed and flown.
- This 3D model is anatomically accurate based upon a six foot male. It possess near the full range of human movement and was created to both test and give a sense of perspective to some of my other models.It consists of twelve unique parts created using sweeps, lofts, extrudes and surface modelling. The head was downloaded from 3D ContentCentral and modified for this application.