Performance isn't black and white - Infiniti Campaign
- Performance isn't Black and white - Infiniti+Red Bull RACING Campaign
Formula 1 Client Campaign
- A few months ago I was approached by TBWA Paris in order to participate in a collection of 20+ illustrations for their client Infiniti/ Team Red Bull. There was a total of 6 artists including myself and each artist got a set number of illustrations to complete according to their own personal style.I was chosen to do the artwork for Bahrain Grand Prix, Monaco Grand Prix, Germany Grand Prix and Singapore Grand Prix. Each illustration focuses on particular assets of the cars . Bahrain focuses on the pistons, Monaco focuses on the paddle gear shift sustem , Germany focuses on the rear wheel angle adjustment system and Singapore focuses on the pure might and strength of their electronic supercar.The colour schemes are relative to the countries flags and the main concept behind all illustrations is data visualisation and integration through digital art.For Infiniti, performance is about more than statistics, it's about how their cars make the driver feel.
So for this campaign, we took performance data from a range of Infiniti cars and visualised it in a way that showed more colour, more depth and more feeling.
For each poster a car was selected based on how well its standard features matched the demands of each track.
Illustration: Billy Bogiatzoglou aka Billelis
3D Design: Billy Bogiatzoglou aka Billelis
Assistant Art Direction : Billy Bogiatzoglou aka Billelis
Art Direction and Creative Direction: Mattia Lachini, Fabian Braun , Maxwell Burgoyne , John Paul Williams
Project Management : Julie Champin
Singapore Grand Prix" Singapore is Formula One’s only night race. Not only is it artificially lit, making it hard to see the track surface through corners, but it is also a narrow street circuit.
For our partner Red Bull Racing, this means overtaking opportunities are scarce. We would try it in the revolutionary Infiniti Emerg-e. Our high-performance electric car delivers an impressive 402 PS with instant torque, thanks to its two advanced electric motors.
The result is lightening responsiveness and therefore confident overtaking. We think this is important because, at Infiniti, performance is defined by more than just statistics. It’s about the way our cars make you feel. "
- German Grand Prix" Turn 5 at Hockenheim is the iconic Parabolika. A sweeping left-hander, which drivers take at 177 mph. For our partner Red Bull Racing, precision, control and confidence are paramount here.
The Infiniti FX30d S Premium is perfectly suited to this type of corner. Its Rear Wheel Active Steer adjusts the angle of the rear wheels according to steering input and vehicle speed. The result is greater stability in the curves, enhanced grip and a better feeling of agility for the driver.
We think this is important, because at Infiniti, performance is defined by more than just statistics. It's about the way our cars make you feel. "
- Making of Video
- Monaco Grand Prix" With its short straights and sharp corners, our partner Red Bull Racing needs quick and accurate gear changes at Monaco. The Infiniti G37 Cabrio would be our choice at this famous street circuit.
Its 7-speed Automatic Paddle-Shift Transmission comes with Adaptive Shift Control - this keeps the driver in the largest part of the torque curve when upshifting. And Downshift Rev Matching ensures that downshifts are smooth and seamless. We think this more natural connection between driver and car is important, because at Infiniti, performance is defined by more than just statistics. It's about the way our cars make you feel. "
- Making of Video
- Bahrain Grand Prix" For our partner Red Bull Racing, power is a must at the Bahrain circuit.
With its four long straights, acceleration and speed are where the race is lost and won.
We recommend you try it in the Infiniti QX, with 400PS at your fingertips. Its mighty V8 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift (VVEL) technology, delivers a smooth controlled surge of power. And the result is a more natural feeling of performance. We think this is important, because at Infiniti, performance is defined by more than just statistics. It's about the way our cars make you feel. "