- Pecks inspiration was driven by children’s dwindling interaction with nature in our current technology dominated society.
Its been proven that a child’s interaction with nature can have strong positive benefits in their development, both mentally and physically.
Developments in bird seed mixes now enable home owners to attract a large range of wild birds to their gardens, but feeding wild birds tends to have a stigma that it is solely for older generations. Peck aims to change this.
- First of all the logo and brand was developed.
- The four feed mixes are able to attract 21 species of wild bird.
Illustrations were created for each individual bird that encompass each birds specific markings and character.
- These are then used throughout the packaging to explain which birds the feed attract.
- Three peck cards are included in each pot. There are 50 to collect, the rarety of the cards is relative to the rarety of the bird in the wild.
- Simple icons are used on the cards to represent what the birds eat, where they can be seen and during which seasons.
- A simple transparent point of sale unit was developed.
- A simple side scrolling website was designed to inform the children various facts about feeding wild birds, as well as how they can re-use the packaging to create suet cakes.