- The Brand Name
The name of the brand is derived from the word ‘peacock’ (a symbol for beauty and pride), and the French word ‘coque’ which in translation means hull/shell.
The coined term fits perfectly for a condom brand name since it represents the product's functional and emotional benefits.
- The packaging structure......is a very simple one. It requires no gluing (unlike the regular condom boxes). It opens like a fan and there's enough space for 5 condoms.
- Visual Brand Standards
- The graphic language of the brand is minimalistic using colour to represent the peacock association.
- The colour palette is divided in two main segments.
- The special range condoms (consisted of flavoured, season and occasion based packagings) use shades of two or more colours.
- There's also a special Rainbow pack that pays tribute to the gay community:
- The Packaging Strength
To test the strength of the packaging, I made a little crash test. The peacoque packaging did not crash even when a weight was thrown over it. Which means that, unlike the standard condom box, the peacoque box can be safely kept inside a purse or a pocket.
- Packaging as aninterior decorationWhen opened, the side of the packaging reveals another dimension and transforms the packaging into a decorative interior element. This creates another use of the packaging itself.
Two packs can be combined to create an abstract version of a peacock.
- Project Overview:
- If anyone is interested in bringing this concept to life, please contact me through the website peacoque.com