It's often not immediate and quite embarrassing try to guess how to open a door. Pushing or pulling it...
The affordance of an object is very important, gives the immediate "feeling" (partially unconscious) of what to do with it.
- The handle shape is peculiar.
- One side is a little peaked, the other is flat.
- According to cognitive psychology experiments I done with a prototype, there is a huge correlation between handle shape (briefly seen and touched) and the Push/Pull opening direction guess.
- Obviously, when you see and touch a FLAT surface you will PUSH, and when you feel/see PEAKED part you will NOT-PUSH so you will PULL.
Do you want to buy it?
Vote it and follow it on Quirky:http://www.quirky.com/ideations/220984
- PULL / PUSH - Affordance Shape
- Interchangeable / switchable handle side.
- sleek aluminum minimal design