- PDAM Bandung Center
Government Water Treatment Office
- SITE AND FORM ANALYSIS
- Main building mass orientation clearly following the linear shape of site.
- The necessity of large space, created a massive form. To reduce the bulky impression, main building divided into two part of masses.
- Placing additive mass towards the primary road is the way to make visitors able to recognize the entrance and to approach the node this additive mass shaped facing it.
- Another additive mass supported by mini water treatment in the back of the site, created an analogy of Flowing Water energy.
- Pulling out the center section of the main building façade and placing the sculptural reservoir in front of it, is the way to adopt waterfall theme.
- To come up with balance another small mass placed in the other side of the main building.
- DESIGN THEMEWaterfallThe absolute needs of clean water which the opposite of the supplies, leads urban citizen for yearning to have an overflow clean water. Adapting the waterfall to the façade and interior is the main idea to build an image for the company and the building it self. An image that will make the citizen feel relieved because one of their needs are covered. They see water.The exposed structure brings the strong and solid image, represent the solid work of this government institution.